Let’s face it, involving your children in wholesome activities that encourage their talents, uplift their confidence and enable them to make great friendships are GOLDEN…especially in the summer.
This Summer, we will be hosting our morning and afternoon Stagelight Camps in:
- The Theatre at Yellow Springs in Chester Springs (Chester Springs Registration)
At the morning Stagelight Summer Camps (for K - 8th graders), your child will have the opportunity to put on a showcase in one week’s time, all while receiving professional training in acting, singing and dancing. At the end of the week, they'll perform in a showcase for you and your family. And you'll go out for ice cream afterwards to make your child feel better about the fact that camp is over...because they are literally going to have THAT much fun.
At the afternoon Stagelight U 4-Week Program (for 3rd-12th graders), your child will experience putting on a full-blown Mainstage musical production over the course of a month while receiving individualized training in acting, singing, and dancing. This year's Mainstage musical production will be Camp Rock Jr. There will be auditions within the program for all of the principle and supporting roles, and this show will be open to the public.
Below are the "nuts and bolts" of both Stagelight options. Please contact us if you have questions!
Before I read all about it, I need to know: How much is it?
- One week of the morning or afternoon Stagelight Summer Camp is $125. Two weeks of morning Stagelight Summer Camp is $250.
- Our month-long afternoon Stagelight U 4-Week Program is $600.
- Various options are available to combine both morning and afternoon camp (as each session is different and would provide a valuable experience for your child.)
- 2 weeks - full day camp $450
- 4 weeks - full day camp $1,000 (grades 3-8) and full day camp grades 9-12 $600 as we would give them the opportunity to be "camp counselors/instructor's assistants" for the morning camps, which would be an awesome resume builder! (If a High School student chooses this option, just register for the afternoon program and email email@example.com)
- 6 weeks - full day camp $1,450
What ages can participate?
- The morning Stagelight Summer Camps are for children going into grades K-8 (as of Sept 2017).
- The afternoon Stagelight U 4-Week Program is for children going into grades 3-12 (as of Sept 2017).
- We will take 10% off of the total order if you are registering more than one child from the same family.
- Type in the promo code siblings for this discount.
What are the dates?
- There will be 2 one week morning Stagelight Summer Camps offered Monday-Friday from 9AM-NOON (July 24-28, July 31- Aug 4)
- There will be 2 two week morning Stagelight Summer Camps offered Monday-Friday from 9AM-NOON (June 19-30, July 10-21)
- There will be 2 one week afternoon Stagelight Summer Camps offered Monday-Friday from 1pm - 4pm (June 19-23, June 26-30)
- STAGELIGHT U: The Afternoon Stagelight U 4-Week Program will be July 10-Aug 4, Monday-Friday, 1-4PM (with performances of Camp Rock on August 4-6).
- CLICK HERE for more detailed information on each week. (MIKE, insert link back to main Stagelight summer page)
Is each week of the morning Stagelight Summer Camps the same or can my child do all of them?
- Each week at each location will be putting on a different show, so your child could (and should) absolutely do all weeks.
Can my child participate in the morning Stagelight Summer Camps AND the afternoon Stagelight U 4-Week Program?
- Yes! If your child will be going into Grades 3-8, you could register them for the month-long Stagelight U 4-Week afternoon program, as well as any or all of the morning Stagelight Summer Camp weeks.
- The morning Stagelight Summer Camps are totally different from the afternoon Stagelight U 4-Week Program, so it would be awesome to give your child both experiences. The afternoon Stagelight U 4-Week program lasts for an entire month, but you could tack on one or more of the morning camp sessions so they can give that a try on any (or all) of the weeks, too.
- Any High School students who want to do the afternoon Stagelight U show AND get the experience of being a camp counselor/instructor's assistant for the morning camps (looks great on a resume!) can do so by just signing up for the afternoon program ($600) and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If my child does BOTH the morning and afternoon options, and is therefore at Stagelight for a FULL DAY on any of the weeks, do they eat lunch?
- Yes! You would send them with a bagged lunch, and we would stick it in the fridge. They would have a supervised lunch break at NOON each day in-between the morning sessions and the afternoon program in Chester Springs. ** We are a nut free camp!!**
When are the performances and who can come?
- The performance for each morning Stagelight Summer Camp takes place at NOON on Friday. And the afternoon performance will be at 4pm on Friday. Each child will be given 2 tickets to the performance. Additional limited tickets will be available for purchase at $10 each.
- The Stagelight U 4-Week Afternoon Program will do three performances (August 4 at 6:30PM, August 5 at 2PM and 6:30PM).
- If you have multiple children from your family in any of the camps, they each receive 2 free tickets to the performance.
Where is Stagelight?
2017 Summer Stagelight Theatre Camps are taking place at:
The Theatre at Yellow Springs in Historic Yellow Springs, PA
How are Stagelight Summer Camps and the Stagelight U Program structured?
For the morning Stagelight Summer Camps, we want your child to get a full theatrical showcase experience in 1 week’s time…from auditions, to rehearsals, to performance. Each day, your child will begin in a large group session with all other participants. They will then be split up into smaller groups to go through 3 different sessions, each 45 minutes in length: acting, singing and dancing. As they do so, they will be putting together a showcase that will be performed at the end of the week.
During Stagelight U, the children will experience putting on a full-blown musical production. Together they will do auditions for parts, learn the music from the show, be taught choreography and blocking, memorize lines, be coached on acting, put together costumes, sets, and props, will do tech and dress rehearsals, and then will perform the show three times. This year they will be performing Camp Rock Jr.
Who will be teaching my child all week?
We have professionally trained, experienced artists in the realms of acting, dancing, and singing who will be guiding and training your child through the two different camps. All of our educators go through a thorough background and reference check, and your child will ALWAYS be in a room with at least 2 adults. Safety is of utmost importance to us.