Here at SALT, we love to foster and encourage the performing arts in the youth of Chester County. Theatre inspires...it's a place where a community of people cut from the same cloth can come together to create, express, and grow. And it is especially awesome when YOUTH discover a purpose in this field. We've been honored to have so many talented youth come through our doors the past few years. So we want to continue to fan their flame as they continue to grow in their performing arts abilities. So here comes SALT's Got Talent...a singing competition for those that are ages 18 and under. The Grand Prize winner will receive $1,000 in cash and the 1st Runner Up will receive $500 in cash. And everyone involved will have a total blast as they are encouraged in their talents.
Here are the details...
- The competition is for those ages 18 and under as of October 2017.
- We will be holding auditions for this competition on August 10. There are only 75 audition slots. Once they are filled, that's it. Anyone who doesn't get one of those slots but really wanted one, well, we'll be doing this again next year. And you should be on our enewsletter list and follow our FB page, because it gets announced there first. :)
- To sign up for one of the audition slots, register at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a45a4a623a3fc1-salts
- There is a registration fee of $35.
- The audition must consist of 32 measures of a show tune with sheet music. We will have a live accompanist at the auditions. One should choose a selection that really highlights vocal ability, memorize it, and set out to perform it, not just sing it. The auditions will be closed...they will not have an audience.
- Out of the 75 auditions, 20 will be selected to participate in the competition.
- The dates of the competition will be September 22, September 28, October 13, and October 27.
- On the first night, all 20 contestants will sing a song of their choosing. The category of the first night will be: Broadway Showstoppers. 5 contestants will be eliminated at the end of the night. On the second night, 15 will sing a song from a different category (TBD). Then 5 more will be eliminated. On the third night, 10 contestants will sing 2 songs each. Then 5 will be eliminated. On the final night, the final 5 contestants will sing 3 songs each and the winners will be announced.
- View BIOS of the judges.
- Tickets will be sold to the competition nights at $15 each.
THERE WILL ALSO BE A FINE ARTS COMPETITION HAPPENING AT THE SAME TIME...
Also for those ages 18 and under: If you love to draw or paint, you may submit one piece of artwork to be displayed throughout the theatre building during the singing competition. Votes will be cast for the favorite art piece, and the winner will receive a $250 cash prize. Artwork submissions will be collected at the theatre Lobby on the night of the singing auditions, August 10 from 5-9PM. They must come with a label of the artwork's title and the age of the artist. The name of the artist must be on the BACK. It must also be accompanied by a floor or table easel for display.